This review of the Oriflame direct-selling opportunity is an unbiased evaluation of the multi-level marketing experience that the company provides.
Oriflame is a direct-sales beauty company that has a presence in over 62 countries. It has over 3.3 million sales consultants, and that number is steadily growing. The premise of the Oriflame company is based on a sound work ethic that combines an outstanding product with a full sales support team and a system that will offer a new consultant a steady foundation to build her own business.
Oriflame’s mission is to be the “#1 Beauty Company Selling Direct” and to “Fulfill Dreams.” In itself, such simple a mission is attractive enough to pique the interest of anyone on the prowl for a personal-care products marketing opportunity.
Past & Present of Orilfame
Oriflame was established in 1967 and has enjoyed over 40 years of success. The company was founded by two brothers, Jonas and Robert af Jochnick, and a friend, Bengt Hellsten. Oriflame has enjoyed phenomenal sales growth, with the company now generating 1.3 billion Euros in annual sales. Oriflame has also been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Exchange since 2004.
The Oriflame opportunity is available in Latin America, Africa, South America, and Asia. It is not available in the United States. Sales consultants seem to feel that it is a positive thing that the opportunity is restricted to certain areas. MLMers have voiced concerns that many highly lucrative MLM opportunities are only available within the United States, and many are grateful to have such a solid opportunity on their own turf.
How the Oriflame Program Works
Oriflame offers its consultants a full training program within its “University,” which equips them with the knowledge they need to succeed in the business. This University has been a defining trademark of the Oriflame business model. Sales consultants are able to confidently and successfully build their downline with Oriflame’s full support system. Oriflame’s consultants have full access to their web-based online support system for help with questions about the product, new developments, their downline, and commissions.
The cost to become an Oriflame consultant is only five euros, and the commissions for sales consultants are fair and generous and include sales incentives and bonuses. Each product sale that exceeds 110 euros will garner a 30% commission for the consultant. The sales consultant has the potential to become quite financially successful with Oriflame’s commission program.
Oriflame: A Community of Support
The Oriflame business opportunity works on four key components that allow sales consultants to move the product with confidence and give them the flexibility they need to be successful:
- Consultant Support. Each new Oriflame consultant is put in contact with a more experienced consultant, who is responsible for the newcomer’s training and guidance. The mentor answers questions about both the business and the products and helps guide the newbie towards making valuable business choices concerning the Oriflame model.
- Sales Support. All consultants are given Oriflame sales guides and management tools that will assist them in developing their marketing campaign.
- Incentives. Oriflame makes cash bonuses and incentives a standard part of its rewards program to motivate consultants in their new business endeavors.
- Money-back guarantee. This flexible business guideline makes it easy for the consultant to sell Oriflame with confidence, knowing that a solid guarantee supports them and their customers.
What to Expect From Oriflame
Sales consultants have found that they are able to grow and develop their downline with much success, since the Oriflame market is not over-saturated. The limited availability keeps the Oriflame product at higher quality standards, a factor that is agreeable to customers and sales associates alike.
Consultants have noted that while there are limitless opportunities for success, it will not come quickly or even within what they consider a reasonable time (on average, 6-9 months). Consultants have suggested to new sales reps that they have an additional source of income available while they build their downline.
Before joining Oriflame, consult your potential upline to get answers to the following questions:
- How long has Oriflame been available in your target area?
- What number of Oriflame sales consultants are presently in that area?
- Do you have a certain amount of time to build your downline before you forfeit any incentives, bonuses, etc?
Although the Oriflame multi-level marketing opportunity sounds inviting, you should, as always, do your due diligence before signing on. Read, research, and ask questions to ensure that the Oriflame opportunity is the right fit for your lifestyle, work ethic, and business endeavors.